Chef De Partie at Camden’s Daughter
We’re hiring a Chef De Partie to join the team here in Kentish Town at our tap room on the high street - Camden’s Daughter. Beer, burgers and brunch on weekends. We have a seasonal menu with locally sourced meat, catch of the day fish and freshly made salads and snacks.
Taking the lead in your section of the kitchen, creating the great dishes and working to the highest standards in a clean and organised manner. A key focus of your role is to share your passion for cooking and food with the team and help train and develop them.
Got what it takes?
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist and support the Head Chef in food preparation & oversee food preparation
• Prepare dishes from the menu as directed by the Head Chef
• Involved in the training of junior post kitchen staff
• Help with menu planning
• Enforces safety, health and hygiene standards in the kitchen as directed by your Head Chef
• Troubleshoots any problems that may arise in the kitchen
• Ensures that food goes to the customers in a timely manner
• Manage and supervise any commis chefs that work in your charge
• Run an environment that is clean, tidy and organised at all times
• Plan and oversee day-to-day running of your section to meet service requirements
• Supervise, train and develop team members
• Assist in controlling the operating costs to agreed budgets
• Follow and abide by all our regulations, policies and procedures as laid out in the employee’s handbook.
• City and Guilds 7061 and 7062 or NVQ levels 2 and 3
• Basic Food Hygiene Certification
• Three years minimum relevant experience at similar level establishment
• First aid training
Interested or want to know more? Get in touch - drop in your CV and come for a chat or give us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Camden Town Brewery is a London Living Wage employer.