Head Brewer - Kentish Town
This role has overall responsibility for all production operations at Kentish Town. From raw materials to packaged beer. The Kentish Town Brewery should operate as a showpiece and be flexible for the production of both core beers and a leader for innovation for the brewery.
• Ensure safety, housekeeping and quality standards and procedures are adhered to at all times. You must ensure your safety and the safety of others during the course of your duties.
• Cleaning and general housekeeping; you must maintain a clean environment for the production of beer.
• To comply with all govt. regulations required in food production facilities.
• Responsible for ensuring that the production plan and brewing activities are completed in a timely and acceptable standard.
• Troubleshoot and assist with breakdowns where necessary.
• Develop and manage the brewing team to ensure that the team is fully skilled to complete brewing operations.
• Manage quality systems for the production to meet the required standards (SALSA) and produce beer of the highest quality.
Manage the team to ensure the relevant checks are performed during production to meet the required standards.
• Manage brewing raw materials stocks and storage, so that brewing operations can be carried out. Ensure regular stocktakes are completed and manage storage to use materials on a FIFO basis.
• Represent the company at external events and be a proud ambassador for Camden Town Brewery and the beers made.
• Drive innovation at Kentish Town, working with all areas of the brewery to produce new beers and develop existing beers make beers to the highest quality.
• Assist with projects and be an active member of continuous improvement teams as necessary.
Specific skills, education and experience desired for the role include:
• At least 5 years experience in brewing. Working knowledge of brewing operations and a hands on plant aptitude is a must.
• Strong leadership skills, 2 years in a Management / leadership position is a must.
• Relevant technical degree (e.g. science, brewing, engineering) is an advantage.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• IBD Diploma in Brewing qualification or similar is a strong advantage
• Must possess a passion for the Brewing Industry.
Safety – in all production operations and where necessary across the site.
Management of quality in Kentish Town brewing operations to ensure internal and external audit standards are met.
Meet production demands as laid out by the demands of the company.
This role reports to the Kentish general manager and has 6 team members reporting into them directly.
What We Offer
Weekly beer allowance
Friday lunch with the beer team!
Full week of induction to get to know the beer team
Proud Living Wage employer
The Camden Run Club - on Wednesday
Cycle to Work Scheme
Private Healthcare and Childcare Vouchers