We are looking for an Mechanic to join our exciting, fast growing team here at Camden as we expand to open our new brewery in Enfield in 2017.
You’ll be in charge of efficiency, quality and safety in the Brewery - maintaining all production equipment to ensure high availability, reliability and operational performance to make sure our beer is the best it can be.
• A people person, with good verbal and written communication skills
• A team player, helping support and be supported by your surrounding colleagues
• Knowledgable about brewing and packaging operations.
Your key roles will be:
• Housekeeping and ensuring a clean, tidy and organized environment.
• Delivery of utilities to the entire production plant.
• Plant availability through maintenance initiatives.
• Minimising environmental footprint - MJ/HL, kWh/HL, HL/HL, kgCO2/HL.
• Raw material and product wastage.
• Ensure that brewing, packaging and utilities are maintained to allow the Shift teams to operate the areas in an optimal manner to meet the operational production targets.
• Develop and execute the preventative maintenance programme for all plant and equipment to allow the Shift teams to operate the areas in an optimal manner to meet production targets.
• Maintain the workshop and associated equipment in a professional manner.
• Maintain production equipment and processes in safe working conditions.
• Monitor and control the utilities equipment to ensure optimal output.
• Assist in packaging operations to cover shift breaks when required.
• Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities. This role is expected to put forward ideas to improve product quality and brewery processes.
• Carry out any other duties as agreed with company management.
• Troubleshooting; report breakdowns and damage caused to equipment and assist where required in resolving the issue.
• Some welding experience (TIG, stick and oxyacetylene) would be an advantage as would experience in electrics
• Relevant electrical qualification ideally BTEC Electrical/C&G1788 (or equivalent) covering applicable electrical units for Level 3 NVQ Diploma.
• Experience in instrumentation and mechanical skills would be an advantage
• Great at solving whatever is thrown your way, with the help of your team
• Knowledge of utilities systems including boilerhouse, refrigeration, water treatment, effluent treatment and air compressors.
What we offer:
- That we act as a good employer.
- A fair and competitive wage. Camden Town Brewery is a proud supporter of the Living Wage initiative.
- Support and teamwork from your colleagues in a left of centre atmosphere.
- BEER (obviously..)
Interested? Email us to find out more with your CV and a cover letter to Jobs@CamdenTownBrewery.com with ‘Mechanic’ as the subject line.
This role reports to the Engineering manager. This role will primarily be based at Navigation Park, Enfield, but may be required to do work in Kentish Town occasionally.