Brewing Team Leader - Enfield
Hello, we’re Camden Town Brewery. We make fresh, never pasteurised beer.
You’ll be joining the Camden team as part of Budweiser Brewing Group, the leading global brewer, committed to bringing people together for a better, and more equal, world. We’re ridiculously proud of what we do, and we have fun whilst we do it. Sound good to you? Then read on!
Budweiser Brewing Group - Enfield Brewery opened our doors in 2017 and we have big plans for the future. We brew, bottle and keg the equivalent of 1 million pints each week. That’s a lot of beer. Which is why we’re looking for passionate and hardworking people to join our Beer Team.
Our state-of-the-art Enfield brewery (complete with robot!) is located alongside the River Lea, just a 10-minute train journey from Hackney Downs/Tottenham Hale. We call Enfield our Centre of Excellence, and it’s where we produce Camden Town Brewery’s core range, and more!
About The Role:
This is an opportunity to work alongside the most experienced brewers in the industry. Our brewing team can produce up to 60 brews a week – that’s over 1 million pints per week! It’s a fast-paced environment, with a lot to learn, but we are always looking to make things better so there is ample opportunity to contribute to our continuous improvement program.
The Brewing Team Leader is responsible for ensuring that brewing operations on shift are completed safely, to the highest quality and on plan.
This role forms part of the production team at Enfield and must possess a flexible attitude towards work and be prepared to work on a 24/7 rota as designated by production demands, including night shifts and weekend work.
To be successful in this role strong relationships must be built across all departments at Enfield. You must possess strong communication skills and be able to articulate your point to achieve results.
In this role you will be responsible for the direct management and development of 3 shift brewers. You should be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and be able to prioritise daily workload within the needs of the business.
Specific skills, education and experience desired for the role include:
• At least 2 years’ experience in brewing. Excellent knowledge of quality systems and/or brewing operations and a hands-on plant aptitude is a must.
• Ability to work in a safe way and ensure the safety of others is not compromised in the work they do.
• Strong communication skills – this role will interact with team members in all areas of the brewery operation and must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to understand situations and make critical decisions as required in all areas of production.
• The ability to lead and motivate a team to deliver production to plan and manage their team. The role will be responsible for managing the shift brewers in their rotation.
• Relevant technical degree (e.g. IBD Diploma in Brewing or similar, engineering or science degrees) is an advantage.
• A passion for beer and brewing, and Camden & wider Budweiser beers & brands.
• Ensure safety, housekeeping and quality standards and procedures are adhered to at all times whilst on shift. You must ensure your safety and the safety of others during the course of your duties.
• Reporting of near misses, accidents and incidents to ensure safe practices are understood and followed by your team and escalated and followed up accordingly.
• Cleaning and general housekeeping; you must maintain a clean environment for the production of beer.
• To comply with all govt. and internal regulations and procedures required in food production facilities (e.g. HACCP, Food Safety protocols, GMP, 5S, jewellery policy).
• Manage shift brewery operations and shift brewers to ensure production plan is met. Work with the brewing and site management to ensure beer is available as required for production, which is completed to plan.
• Assist with brewing operations as required (e.g. cover for absence, sickness and holiday - ASH) across a rota including nights and weekend working to ensure production is completed to plan.
• Ensure brewing activities are completed efficiently and that any excessive losses or deviations resulting in safety, food safety or quality issues, delays to plan and/or significant cost impact are reported and escalated as necessary.
• Troubleshoot and assist with breakdowns where necessary. Report and log breakdowns using the site tracking software and escalate to area owners (e.g. brewing managers) as necessary.
• Attend inter-departmental meetings at shift and site level as required to ensure important messages are communicated across the teams as necessary.
• Manage shift handovers and team meetings with the other team leaders and their shift to ensure they are organised and efficient to set up the team for a successful shift.
• Manage the Shift Brewers within your team to ensure that the team is competent and confident to complete brewing operations safely, accurately and to plan.
• Manage and develop your team of Shift Brewers to ensure that the team is fully skilled and motivated. Use 1:1s and HRIS goal tracking to help achieve this.
• Assist with projects and be an active member of continuous improvement teams as necessary.
• Represent the company at internal and external events and be a proud ambassador for Budweiser Brewing Group and the beers made.
• Work life balance is important to us all. This position does involve working both day and night shifts, so do consider this before applying. We run production 24/7 all year round, so this means weekends too.
What We Offer::
• Competitive salary
• Private healthcare cover
• Private dental insurance
• Monthly beer allowance of AB-Inbev brands
• A range of mental, financial and wellbeing support options
As the leading global brewer, we are committed to bringing people together for a better – and more equal – world. A more equal world starts when everyone can thrive. At BBG we value the diversity of cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce and we strongly encourage women, people of colour, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.