Health, Safety & Environment Manager
Hello, we’re Camden Town Brewery. We make fresh, never pasteurised beer.
You’ll be joining the Camden team as part of Budweiser Brewing Group, the leading global brewer, committed to bringing people together for a better, and more equal, world. We’re ridiculously proud of what we do, and we have fun whilst we do it. Sound good to you? Then read on!
Budweiser Brewing Group - Enfield Brewery opened our doors in 2017 and we have big plans for the future. We brew, bottle and keg the equivalent of 1 million pints each week. That’s a lot of beer. Which is why we’re looking for passionate and hardworking people to join our Beer Team.
Our state-of-the-art Enfield brewery (complete with robot!) is located alongside the River Lea, just a 10-minute train journey from Hackney Downs/Tottenham Hale. We call Enfield our Centre of Excellence, and it’s where we produce Camden Town Brewery’s core range, and more!
The Health, Safety & Environment Manager is a vital role in our operation, through ensuring our health and safety practises are effective and proactive throughout the site. This is done by continuously making sure our current systems, processes, audits & training are to a high standard, and are continuously improved where possible, and ensure our team are always up to date on best practises and training.
• You must have a relevant qualification in health and safety.
• At least three years’ experience in managing occupational health and safety
• Basic knowledge and experience in a production environment.
• Proven experience of designing and implementing change
• Ensure that H&S systems are maintained and improved across all departments, working with department heads to ensure this
• Including training where appropriate and clear communication of responsibility allocation. This is inclusive of running in line with PUWER, COSHH and other legislative acts.
• Ensure reporting of accidents, incidents and risk assessments occur in a timely manner, and carrying out investigation where necessary for continuous improvement in the safety of our systems.
• Continue improving our systems for near misses to continuously eliminate any risks
• Conduct regular audits
• Conduct health and safety training to any staff as necessary, including the appropriate H&S induction for all new employees
• Carry out the periodic reassessment of current fire risks
• Identification, mitigation and management of all fire risks, and prevention of any new risks
• Ensure all staff are up to date on fire safety and evacuation processes.
• Identify all areas for improvement and build relationships with the whole team to implement necessary improvements
• Evaluate effectiveness of learning & improve as necessary
What We Offer:
• Benefits for you and your family to help your physical and mental health
• Employee benefits to help your physical and mental health and overall wellbeing (travel insurance, gym memberships, discounted services, dental etc.)
• 25 days holidays per year
• WPA Private Medical Care (opt-in option)
• 5 employee networks to support Diversity & Inclusion
• Competitive parental leave and pension double contributions
• A beer allowance to enjoy our brands