Lab Manager - Enfield
Hello, we’re Camden Town Brewery. We make fresh, never pasteurised beer.
You’ll be joining the Camden team as part of Budweiser Brewing Group, the leading global brewer, committed to bringing people together for a better, and more equal, world. We’re ridiculously proud of what we do, and we have fun whilst we do it. Sound good to you? Then read on!
Budweiser Brewing Group - Enfield Brewery opened our doors in 2017 and we have big plans for the future. We brew, bottle and keg the equivalent of 1 million pints each week. That’s a lot of beer. Which is why we’re looking for passionate and hardworking people to join our Beer Team.
Our state-of-the-art Enfield brewery (complete with robot!) is located alongside the River Lea, just a 10-minute train journey from Hackney Downs/Tottenham Hale. We call Enfield our Centre of Excellence, and it’s where we produce Camden Town Brewery’s core range, and more!
About the Role:
Quality is owned by everyone at our Enfield site. It underpins everything that we stand for and keeps us brewing the freshest beer all year round.
The Lab team at Camden plays an instrumental role in helping the Brewery meet the highest standards; performing a variety of tasks that enable the production side of the business to produce our award-winning beer. They do this by feeding analytical data back into production that shows them what they’re doing well and what areas they need to focus on.
The Lab Manager is responsible for the operation of the laboratory functions on a day to day basis, supporting Production teams in making consistently fresh, tasty and unpasteurized beer.
• Ensure safety, housekeeping and quality standards and procedures are adhered to at all times.
• To comply with all govt. regulations required in food production facilities.
• Manage lab operations to ensure physics/chemistry, sensory and micro results are available and accurately recorded on LIMS database.
• Assist the Lab Technicians during day to day operations and cover as necessary for any absences
• Lead the team of lab technicians to ensure they have the necessary skills and tools to enable them to do their jobs, and own the recruitment process for future lab technicians
• Manage the stock requirements of the lab, ensuring all materials to complete lab activities and quality activities across site are available as needed.
• Work with Production Leads to ensure equipment on the plant is available and calibrated properly to ensure accuracy of results from operator sampling
• Monitor the total quality of products in all departments, using data acquired, knowledge and experience in quality analysis and methods to assist in decision making to maintain and improve the beer.
• Assist with projects and be an active member of continuous improvement teams as necessary.
• At least 1 years’ experience in a Quality Systems or Lab position, preferably within a brewing facility.
• Strong leadership skills, at least 1 year experience in a supervisory or Team Leader position
• Working knowledge of lab operations and brewery production, or a passion about the beer industry and an enthusiasm to learn
• Relevant technical degree (e.g. science, brewing, engineering) is desirable.
• Experience on working on laboratory database (specifically LIMS) is desirable
What We Offer::
• Competitive salary
• Private healthcare cover
• Private dental insurance
• Monthly beer allowance of AB-Inbev brands
• A range of mental, financial and wellbeing support options
As the leading global brewer, we are committed to bringing people together for a better – and more equal – world. A more equal world starts when everyone can thrive. At BBG we value the diversity of cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce and we strongly encourage women, people of colour, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.