Maintenance Manager - Enfield
Hello, we’re Camden Town Brewery. We make fresh, never pasteurised beer.
You’ll be joining the Camden team as part of Budweiser Brewing Group, the leading global brewer, committed to bringing people together for a better, and more equal, world. We’re ridiculously proud of what we do, and we have fun whilst we do it. Sound good to you? Then read on!
We are looking for a Maintenance Manager to manage the maintenance activities at our Enfield site and to assist the Head of Engineering, and stand-in for them in their absence.
We are looking for someone with experience of managing shifts of engineers and contractors to deliver world class results in a pressurised FMCG, preferably food / beverage environment. The perfect candidate for this role will be multi-skilled and suitably experienced, partnered with the leadership and people skills to deliver excellence.
• Have a flexible attitude towards work.
• Have relevant manufacturing and leadership experience.
• Experience of continuous improvement practices and a desire to identify ways to make things better
• Must be multi-skilled and have relevant engineering (mechanical or electrical) qualification, preferably Degree, HNC/HND or hold a full technical apprenticeship.
• Hold an Electrical Qualification.
• Exposure to and promotion of Health & Safety is essential and preferably with a relevant qualification e.g. IOSH.
• Sound knowledge and experience of computer-controlled machines, PLC’s (preferably Siemens S7), pneumatics, three phase wiring, sensors and ideally robotics.
• Good knowledge of CMMS systems.
• Computer literate.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of brewing and packaging operations would be an advantage.
• To manage the internal engineering teams and external contractors in their maintenance and repair activities on the Enfield site.
• Control asset management through attending major machine breakdowns and covering absent engineers when required to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
• Develop a sound knowledge of the equipment on site to enable you to make good decisions regarding breakdowns, repairs and maintenance.
• Promote and encourage continuous improvement, lean manufacturing methodologies and 5S.
• Support on-site engineers when technical assistance is required.
• Manage statutory inspections and contractors and apply stringent contractor control.
• Promoting best engineering and health & safety practices.
• Ensure that you and the teams you manage adhere to the SHE policies at all times and promote a culture of safety.
• Extending, improving and executing the existing PPM system
• Manage / improve our spare parts store system to ensure that the necessary spares have been identified and are in stock at all times.
• Manage the purchase of spares within the confines of the budget.
• Understand PUWER and keep technical files in connection to any changes/modifications to machinery.
• Prepare information regarding machine performance, downtime and planned maintenance adherence.
• Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities. This role is expected to put forward ideas to improve processes and product quality.
• Carry out any other duties as agreed with company management.
• Engineering downtime.
• Housekeeping and ensuring a clean, tidy and organized environment.
• Plant and utilities availability through maintenance initiatives.
• Minimising environmental footprint - MJ/HL, kWh/HL, HL/HL, kgCO2/HL.
• Raw material and product wastage.
As the leading global brewer, we are committed to bringing people together for a better – and more equal – world. A more equal world starts when everyone can thrive. At BBG we value the diversity of cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce and we strongly encourage women, people of colour, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.