Multi-Skilled Engineer - Enfield
Hello, we’re Camden Town Brewery. We make fresh, never pasteurised beer.
You’ll be joining the Camden team as part of Budweiser Brewing Group, the leading global brewer, committed to bringing people together for a better, and more equal, world. We’re ridiculously proud of what we do, and we have fun whilst we do it. Sound good to you? Then read on!
Budweiser Brewing Group - Enfield Brewery opened our doors in 2017 and we have big plans for the future. We brew, bottle and keg the equivalent of 1 million pints each week. That’s a lot of beer. Which is why we’re looking for passionate and hardworking people to join our Beer Team.
Our state-of-the-art Enfield brewery (complete with robot!) is located alongside the River Lea, just a 10-minute train journey from Hackney Downs/Tottenham Hale. We call Enfield our Centre of Excellence, and it’s where we produce Camden Town Brewery’s core range, and more!
About the Role:
We need to keep the brewery in Enfield in tip-top condition to keep making the most delicious beer. We need the right people to maintain our machinery, processes and facilities so that we provide the very best conditions for the operations team. We’re looking for multi-skilled maintenance engineers that are passionate about their responsibilities and are interested in working in a fast-paced environment with an exciting company.
• Engineering competence, both experience and qualifications that would satisfy the requirements for professional registration as an engineering technician (Eng Tech) as defined by the UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC). This will include:
o qualification (ONC, C&G, BTEC/NVQ L3, degree or equivalent) in mechanical/electrical engineering.
o 4+ years’ experience in a similar hands-on maintenance role
• Both mechanical and electrical engineering competence and qualifications. If only mechanically trained, then you must be able to demonstrate competency in electrical engineering either by a conversion course (mechanical to electrical) or equivalent learning
• Have a positive “can do” attitude and take pride in the work you are completing
• Have proven fault finding and maintenance of high speed production equipment experience
• Excellent knowledge of manufacturing principles, tools and techniques
• Good numeracy, literacy and verbal communication skills
• Committed to a high performance and Continuous Improvement (CI) environment
• Analysis of numerical information & good IT literacy
• Strong organisation skills with a structured and systematic approach, adhering to deadlines, able to work on own initiative and prioritise workload effectively.
• High levels of team working
It would be ideal (but not essential) if you:
• Have experience in a blue-chip FMCG role, preferably in food or pharma in a high volume, pressurised, regulated environment.
• IoSH training.
• Used SAP Maintenance
• Recognised steam awareness course with proven experience in steam systems preferable.
• Experience of fault finding on PLC controlled systems/pneumatic systems.
• Have an understanding of safe working with Ammonia, Carbon Dioxide and CIP processes.
• TIG welding and limited fabrication experience.
• Understanding of PUWER, safety systems and ATEX/DSEAR.
• Comply with health, safety, hygiene and 5S standards policies and practices at all times and ensure standards are maintained.
• Review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and learning documents to share best practices across shifts.
• Review safety and maintenance procedures (SWI).
• Develop and maintain a high performance, flexible and “can do” culture
• Attend and participate in daily meetings as a key team member
• Comply with all statutory and legal requirements and with appropriate packaging, quality and food hygiene safety regulations as defined by policy or legislation e.g. HACCP
• Undertake activities to support the department in achieving KPI targets
• Complete PPM’s and reactive tasks in a diligent way.
• Complete the required CMMS system reporting for all work.
Undertake, drive and support improvement activities to ensure the department meets all of its KPIs (Key Performance Indicators),
Undertake training for new skills and tasks in line with Personal Development Plans and as requested by Management
Comply with all documentation and system transaction requirements to operate and improve performance in the department.
Work life balance is important to us all. This position does involve working both day and night shifts, so do consider this before applying. Below is an overview of our current shift pattern.
We run production 24/7 all year round. The shift patterns our brewery staff are currently on is a Panama schedule. Our shifts are 12 hours with our day shifts starting at 6.15am to 6.15pm and night shift from 6.15pm to 6.15am. The working and non-working days follow this pattern: 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off.
What We Offer:
• Competitive salary
• Private healthcare cover
• Private dental insurance
• Monthly beer allowance of AB-Inbev brands
• A range of mental, financial and wellbeing support options
As the leading global brewer, we are committed to bringing people together for a better – and more equal – world. A more equal world starts when everyone can thrive. At BBG we value the diversity of cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce and we strongly encourage women, people of colour, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.