Shift Brewer - Kentish Town
Hello, we’re Camden Town Brewery. We make fresh, never pasteurised beer.
You’ll be joining the Camden team as part of Budweiser Brewing Group, the leading global brewer, committed to bringing people together for a better, and more equal, world. We’re ridiculously proud of what we do, and we have fun whilst we do it. Sound good to you? Then read on!
We’re looking for a Shift Brewer to become part of our brewing team on The Mews. This is where Camden Town Brewery as you know it was born, a place for innovation, quality and consistently excellent beer. We’re looking for someone relatively new to brewing, or brand new with a real passion for great beer and the beer industry. This role operates Monday – Friday on a early and late shift pattern.
• Ensure safety, housekeeping and quality standards and procedures are adhered to at all times. You must ensure your safety and the safety of others during the course of your duties.
• Ensure the security of the property, equipment and stock.
• Cleaning and general housekeeping; you must maintain a clean environment for the production of beer.
• To comply with all govt. regulations required in food production facilities.
• Execute all necessary brewery operations – brewhouse, cellars, and filtration.
• Assist in packaging operations as required.
• Ensure all paperwork and QC checks are completed in-full to an acceptable standard.
• Reporting out of specification product to the Head Brewer prior to proceeding.
• Routine maintenance (i.e. hygiene, changing gaskets, seals, etc).
• Troubleshooting; report breakdowns and damage caused to equipment and assist where required in resolving the issue.
• Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities. This role is expected to put forward ideas to improve product quality and brewery processes.
• Assigned project work.
• Carry out any other duties as agreed with company management.
• Quality and adhering to established recipes, procedures, etc.
• Housekeeping and ensuring a clean, tidy and organized environment.
• Delivery of product in-spec, on-time.
• Accuracy of paperwork.
• Minimising environmental footprint - MJ/HL, kWh/HL, HL/HL, kgCO2/HL.
• Raw material and product wastage.
The incumbent must possess a flexible attitude towards work and must be prepared to work on a two shifts basis. This position requires weekend work on a rostered basis. Specific skills and experience desired include:
• Two years experience of brewing operations.
• Knowledge of quality control and assurance processes.
• Relevant hands on plant aptitude – excellent problem solving skills.
• Relevant technical degree (science, engineering, brewing or winemaking) is advantageous, although not strictly required.
• Formal brewing education such as the IBD Diploma in Brewing is desirable, although not strictly required.
• Some experience in laboratory operations is desirable, although not strictly required.
• Must possess a passion for the Brewing Industry.
This role reports to the Head Brewer.